The Biovac Institute requires a QC Technician to contribute to its mission of establishing local biological and vaccine manufacturing capability at its Cape Town based site. Being the only one of its kind in South Africa, Biovac strives to respond to the vaccine needs of the developing countries, specifically South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. This is a particularly exciting time for the company as it continues to grow, strengthen and build on its success and further develop its capabilities, products, services and market diversification
This role reports to the Lab Support Supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Responsible to deliver QC Technician services and solutions in alignment with pharmaceutical quality system requirements.
- Continuously support and prescribe to cGMP within Biovac
- Assist in day-to-day laboratory operation requirements.
- Follow the relevant test methods and SOP’s.
- Assistance with QC administrative tasks.
- Carry out specialised cleaning for graded areas.
- Maintain all required stock to ensure no delays in testing.
- Adhere to all QC Quality systems.
- Maintain housekeeping in laboratory preparation areas.
- Ensure effective stocktaking.
- Develop or amend SOP’s when required.
- Assigned areas/ equipment/ processes maintained as per cGMP/ GLP at all times.
- Participate in department audits and implement corrective actions where required.
- Contribute technical knowledge, experience and learning to quality team with respect to assigned equipment and/ or processes.
- Maintain up to date working knowledge of assigned equipment/ processes.
- Building own cGMP knowledge and compliance
- Participate in achieving the company’s quality objectives.
- Participate in building a sustainable quality culture on site and proactive mitigate risks that may negatively impact quality or escalate these appropriately.
- Ensuring audit readiness within own role through closing out audit findings timeously
- Ensure Deviations, Change Controls, CAPAs are handled effectively
- Advocate continuous improvement
- Computer Literacy
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Quality management systems
- Planning, Organising, execution and monitoring
- Creative problem solving skills
- Internal stakeholder management
- Action & Results Oriented
- Assertive & Resilient
- Ability to multi task
- Influencing skills
- Clear, timely and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Matric/ Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Recognition is given to Prior Learning and practical experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 1 year’s experience within the pharmaceutical/ biotech manufacturing/ quality control or similar position.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical related legislation
- Previous participation in quality audits
- Experience in aseptic (sterile) manufacturing
- Experience in quality management systems within a cGMP facility
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy as The Biovac Institute is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly forward your application onto www.biovac.co.za/register-apply-today by close of business on 07 August 2017.
Kindly note that by submitting your application for this career opportunity you agree that Biovac may use your application for the purpose of the recruitment and selection of the said position and this information may be shared with the relevant stakeholders in the business