The Biovac Institute requires a Calibration Technician to contribute to its mission of establishing local biological and vaccine manufacturing capability at its Cape Town based site. Being the only one of its kind in South Africa, Biovac strives to respond to the vaccine needs of the developing countries, specifically South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa. This is a particularly exciting time for the company as it continues to grow, strengthen and build on its success and further develop its capabilities, products, services and market diversification.
The successful incumbent will report to the Calibration Supervisor.
The Key Performance Areas for this position include:
- Schedule all calibrations requirements with the suppliers and plan accordingly
- Schedule and plan that all calibrations that are in- house to be performed timeously
- Maintain and adhere to national standards whilst performing internal calibrations.
- Ensure that arrangements are made with the system owners to have availability of the equipment.
- Arrange and plan for calibrations that are to be done off site that equipment is delivered and returned timeously
- Perform the calibrations in line with calibration schedule
- Oversee the calibrations performed by contractors on site.
- Document the calibration results as found and after adjustment
- Repair/and or replace any faulty equipment by putting in job card with maintenance section within required timelines.
- Review certificates and manage if any corrections/ amendments are required
- Report the results of current and outstanding calibration requirements
- Place status labels on all the calibrated equipment
- Adhere to and follow the deviation and change control system when out of specification results are obtained.
- Supply certificate to Planner so that calibration schedule can be updated.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Degree/ diploma in Sciences (Engineering diploma/ degree) or equivalent experience in a similar environment
- 1-2 years calibration experience within a similar environment
- Knowledge and exposure to cGMP in a pharmaceutical environment
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy as The Biovac Institute is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress.
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly forward your application onto www.biovac.co.za/register-apply-today by close of business on 07 August 2017.
Kindly note that by submitting your application for this career opportunity you agree that Biovac may use your application for the purpose of the recruitment and selection of the said position and this information may be shared with the relevant stakeholders in the business
If no correspondence has been received within 3 weeks of the closing date, applicants should consider their applications unsuccessful