The Biovac Institute requires a QC Analyst to contribute to its mission of establishing local biological and vaccine manufacturing capability at its Cape Town based site. Being the only one of its kind in South Africa, Biovac strives to respond to the vaccine needs of the developing countries, specifically South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa. This is a particularly exciting time for the company as it continues to grow, strengthen and build on its success and further develop its capabilities, products, services and market diversification.
The successful incumbent will report to the QC Microbiology Supervisor / QC Biological Testing Supervisor.
Key Performance Areas for this position include:
QC Testing of products, materials and utilities
QC Testing related to environmental monitoring
Participating in technology transfers from other laboratories
Test verification and validation
- Continually strive to deliver solutions through team work that ensures continuous improvement through innovative solutions.
- Achieving / maintaining of the facilities and processes in full compliance with the current regulations and guidelines – both local and international.
- Participating in project teams and supporting other relevant organisational departments and/or teams.
- Ensures compliance in accordance with (Medicines and Related Substances Act 101 of 1965, Pharmacy Act 53 of 1974) and the organizations policies, procedures and other applicable laws.
- Participation in quality audits and support to validation teams. Effective implementation/maintenance of quality systems & safety systems
- Routine laboratory testing
- Good Laboratory Practice
- SME Duties
- Quality Systems
- Trend analysis
Business Continuity and Improvement
- Sectional Risk Identification & Mitigation
- Innovation and Improvement Initiatives and Projects
Values and Behaviours
In support of Biovac’s Vision, Mission, and Values:
- Anticipate & Innovate
- Own, deliver and enjoy
- Achieve service excellence & Preserve & sustain
- General Microbiological knowledge
- Background in immunoassays e.g. ELISA
- Basic Laboratory Skills and Techniques
- Good Time Management
- Good Written and Communication Skills
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Diploma or Degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology or equivalent
- NQF level 7
- Minimum experience required for this position is 1 – 2 years’ relevant laboratory experience, preferably in a GMP environment.
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy as The Biovac Institute is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly forward your application onto www.biovac.co.za/register-and-apply-today by close of business on 07 August 2017.
Kindly note that by submitting your application for this career opportunity you agree that Biovac may use your application for the purpose of the recruitment and selection of the said position and this information may be shared with the relevant stakeholders in the business