The Biovac Institute requires a Material Handling Operator to contribute to its mission of establishing local biological and vaccine manufacturing capability at its Cape Town based site. Being the only one of its kind in South Africa, Biovac strives to respond to the vaccine needs of the developing countries, specifically South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa. This is a particularly exciting time for the company as it continues to grow, strengthen and build on its success and further develop its capabilities, products, services and market diversification.
The successful incumbent will report to the Material Handling Supervisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Inventory Control Activities
- Adhere to all applicable SOPs and efficiency standards to ensure effective material handling activities and storage of all goods in Stores and Warehouse.
- Ensure all Material Handling operations; receiving, pick and pack, transfer, distribution and stock control are in accordance with GWP
- Picking and transfer of materials as per requisitions and BOM requests.
- Complete all relevant documentation as it occurs
- Perform stock management transactions (electronic and/or manual) to reflect the activity performed to ensure stock on hand reflects stock record quantity
- Perform physical stock counts, expiry checks and submit reports to the Stock Controller
- Perform the physical receiving operations and complete all relevant documentation to GDocP standards.
- Ensures physical resources for receiving activities (pallet jack, pallets) are available by upfront planning of activities and evaluation of delivery schedules
- Informs line management as to quantities of consumables used for BIOVAC operations are as per the required minimum as dictated by safety/buffer stock levels.
- Ensures MH and stock records operations records are systematically filed and easily retrievable.
- Ensure plant hygiene / cleanliness is maintained by ensuring all areas including cold room & freezer are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure equipment used and area maintenance is done
- Ensures goods are protected at all times to prevent deterioration and/or loss.
- Ensure that measurements and statistics are reported on a regular basis
- Pro-actively plan for sufficient components to be available for the packing operation.
- Timeously transfer goods to Biovac departments and between various Stores or warehouses.
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment by implementing the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participate in audits, when required.
- Ensure trained in all requisite SOPs or departmental GMP evaluates training curriculum and ensures training is up to date.
- Inform the necessary people e.g. supervisor, line manager of any deviation to standard.
- Ensures Material Handling equipment for which trained is handled in responsible and safe manner.
- Identifies training and development needs for self.
- Multi-skills in all Stock Control and MH activities.
- Evaluates systems and activities to ensure process and efficiency
- Activation and downloading of relevant temperature monitoring devices
- General knowledge of pharmaceutical industry standards and guidelines in GMP
- Current GMP
- Basic Statistical literacy
- Quality management
- Record documentation management
- MS Office suite
- ERP system exposure (SAP, Navision)
- Time Management skills
- Go-getter attitude
- Energy management
- Service orientation
Education and experience required:
- Grade 12
- Knowledge and exposure to cGxP in an operational environment.
- ERP system experience is a requirement
- Experience in warehousing or pharmaceutical industry is a requirement
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy as The Biovac Institute is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly forward your application onto www.biovac.co.za/register-and-apply-today by close of business on 7 August 2017
Kindly note that by submitting your application for this career opportunity you agree that Biovac may use your application for the purpose of the recruitment and selection of the said position and this information may be shared with the relevant stakeholders in the business