Website The Biovac Institute
The Biovac Institute requires a Driver to contribute to its mission of establishing local biological and vaccine manufacturing capability at its Cape Town based site. Being the only one of its kind in South Africa, Biovac strives to respond to the vaccine needs of the developing countries, specifically South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. This is a particularly exciting time for the company as it continues to grow, strengthen and build on its success and further develop its capabilities, products, services and market diversification.
The successful incumbent will report to the Offices Services Coordinator.
The Key Performance Areas for this position include:
- Weekly delivery/collections between head office, Golf Park and other.
- Daily delivery/collections between head office and Golf Park for internal postage system.
- Staff transport between sites as required.
- Weekly Collection of site wide post from Post Office.
- Weekly delivery of stock for canteen, bathroom and office stationary supplies between Alexandra Road, Golf Park and Bridge (consumables).
- Ad hoc deliveries / collection of Office Services Department items as and when required.
- Staff transport between sites as and when required
- Twice daily collection and delivery of internal postage system between Head Office and Golf Park sites.
- Collection of site wide post weekly from Post Office including collection of Exco Members “Registered Mail”.
- Ad hoc airport transfers if required
- Ensuring maintenance and cleanliness of vehicle (ie reporting any problems to SCM).
Technical Competencies required performing this aspect of the role:
- Knowledge, understanding and adherence to rules of the road.
Generic Competencies required
- Time Management
- Great sense of responsibility
- Organisation skills
- Planning, Organizing, Execution
- Creative Problem Solving & Innovation Skills
- Action & Results Oriented
- Adaptable in Responding to change
- Proactive in mitigating risk
- Clear, timely and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 1 years’ experience within a similar position
- Experience in managing timelines
- Basic Outlook (Advantageous)
Matric/ Grade 12 or equivalent. (Recognition is given to Prior Learning and Practical Experience.)
- Valid code 08 licence.
- Valid PDP licence.
Potential overtime work
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy as The Biovac Institute is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress.
Interested persons to kindly submit their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2018
Kindly note that by submitting your application for this career opportunity you agree that Biovac may use your application for the purpose of the recruitment and selection of the said position and this information may be shared with the relevant stakeholders in the business